A fortified structure, the church stands at the north-east corner of the town’s mediaeval wall (integrated with the 15th century one), and its northern wall merges with it. Its first Romanesque building dates from the beginning of the 12th century. The first building was partly destroyed for unknown reasons. Rebuilt from the remains still visible in the 14th century, the church was mostly destroyed when it was raided in 1361. It has been rebuilt many times. The first structure was destroyed for unknown reasons and rebuilt from the bottom of the southern wall at the end of the 12th century. It was rebuilt in line with the Gothic style of the south of France. Listed as a historical monument since 1919, the church has benefited from restoration campaigns since 1965.
In the town centre